Organic Lievito Madre: Italian sourdough.
Lievito Madre (also called mother yeast) in powder form is a mild wheat sourdough with natural yeasts. It is produced naturally by the Merano Mill in Italy and then gently dried. It can be used instead of yeast for various baking specialties, such as bread, ciabatta, pinsa or pizza, and convinces with its typical dough loosening properties and its mild, Mediterranean taste.
Long dough rest
The Lievito Madre in organic quality for long dough rests is perfect for hobby bakers who take a lot of time for unique pleasure experiences. The longer resting times before baking create a natural, particularly digestible dough loosening.One sales unit contains 3 x 35 g Lievito Madre and is sufficient for 3 x 500 g flour.
- 500 g wheat flour, type 550
- 1 bag RUF Lievito Madre
- 3 g sugar (approx. 1 tsp.)
- 10 g salt (approx. 2 tsp.)
- 350 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- a little rye flour
Prepare the dough
- Put the flour, a packet of Lievito Madre and salt in a mixing bowl and mix. Add the lukewarm water. Using an electric mixer (dough hook), mix on the lowest speed for 5 minutes (at low speed) until an elastic dough is formed. The dough should come away from the side of the bowl.
- Let the dough rise, well covered, in a warm place for about 45 minutes. First preheat the oven to 30°C and then let the dough rest in the oven with the lights on (dough temperature about 27°C). The right temperature is very important for the dough volume.
- After the volume of the dough has increased significantly, round the bread (for tips on rounding dough, simply scan the QR code and read through the magazine article).
- The loaf can then be placed in a greased and floured baking pan (approx. 25 cm) or on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Dust with flour for a rustic look.
- Let the bread rest again in a warm place (in the oven with the light on) for about 35 minutes, remove from the oven and cut into it with a knife as desired.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C and bake the bread for 5 minutes at the higher temperature. Then turn the oven to 200°C and bake the bread for another 35 minutes.
The prepared product contains:
| ||100g |
|Energy (kJ)||1506 kJ|
|Energy (kcal)||355 kcal|
|of which saturates||0.1 g|
|of which sugar||1.8 g|
* Reference for an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal).
Information for persons with allergies and/or intolerances
This product contains the following allergenic ingredients according to the law:
Due to our wide range of products, different articles are produced on the production lines, so that traces of certain allergens cannot be completely avoided despite careful processing:
You might also like these products...