A cool way to celebrate a winter fairy-tale birthday
When it comes to these ice princess cupcakes, cool means something completely different. With delicate sugar snowflakes and fondant crowns, these sweet cupcakes in icy-blue and white are perfect for any little ice princess’s birthday celebration.
The little cakes are sure to go down a treat at any themed party, too. The light and fluffy dough and fine cream are sure to delight ice kings and queens, too.
What else you’ll need:
For the dough:
- 1 egg (medium)
- 100 ml cooking oil
- 100 ml milk (1.5% fat)
- 100 g blueberries, fresh or frozen (optional)
For the cream:
- 200 ml cold milk (1.5% fat)
Make the dough
- Preheat a conventional oven to around 160°C (fan approx. 150°C) and place the cases in the moulds of a muffin tray or on a baking tray.
- Put the baking mix, eggs, milk and cooking oil into a mixing bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer (whisk) briefly on the lowest setting first of all. Then, on the highest setting, mix for around two minutes until creamy. If desired, stir 100 g of blueberries carefully into the dough.
- Distribute the dough evenly between the cases using two tablespoons and bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for around 25 minutes. Use a wooden skewer to check the dough is baked through before taking it out of the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack.
Shape the fondant
- Remove the fondant from the packaging and knead well. Then roll it out on the worktop until around 3 mm thick. You may wish to use a little cooking starch to stop the fondant from sticking.
- Cut the fondant into strips around 3 cm wide and 6 cm long. Cut out the crown tips on a long side. Moisten one of the fondant’s short ends and stick the ends together to create a little crown.
- Set aside to dry for around 30 minutes.
Make the cream and decorate
- To make the cream, put cold milk in a tall mixing container and add the cream powder. Beat with a hand mixer briefly on the lowest setting first of all. Then, mix on the highest setting for around two minutes.
- Set aside half the cream and mix with the colour mix. Fill a piping bag (or alternatively a freezer bag) with the white and light-blue cream on the left and right respectively.
- Once cool, top the cupcakes with the cream and top with the sugar crystals and mini crowns.
The prepared product contains:
||100g||Portion ( 66g ) |
|Energy (kJ)||1418 kJ||936 kJ|
|Energy (kcal)||339 kcal||224 kcal|
|Fat||17 g||11 g|
|of which saturates||3.6 g||2.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||42 g||28 g|
|of which sugar||26 g||17 g|
|Protein||4.7 g||3.1 g|
|Salt||0.47 g||0.31 g|
* Reference for an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal).
Information for persons with allergies and/or intolerances
This product contains the following allergenic ingredients according to the law:
Due to our wide range of products, different articles are produced on the production lines, so that traces of certain allergens cannot be completely avoided despite careful processing:
You might also like these products...