Our winter treat for home-baked delights
What’s lovelier in winter than the wonderful aroma of freshly baked winter cakes? These three different varieties don’t compromise on flavour and are ideal for shared moments of indulgence. They’re incredibly quick and easy to make and ready for the kitchen table in moments.
Winter Ring Cake with chocolate chips and winter spices
Doesn’t this Ring Cake look amazing? With the Winter Ring Cake baking mix, you can whip up a light and airy festive chocolate ring cake with cherries, cake cream, winter spices and crisp chocolate shavings in a few easy steps.
For the dough:
- 1 jar of sour cherries (drained weight 350 g)
- 175 g soft butter
- 3 eggs (medium)
For the cake cream filling:
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 100 ml milk (1.5% fat)
For the baking tray:
- A little butter and flour
Prepare the dough:
- Drain the sour cherries and set the cherry juice to one side. Put the baking mix, butter, eggs and 2 tbsp cherry juice in a mixing bowl and mix it using an electric hand mixer (whisk) briefly on the lowest setting first of all, then on the highest setting for around 3 minutes, until creamy.
- Set 12 sour cherries aside for garnish and fold the remaining sour cherries into the dough.
- Grease and flour a ring cake tin (22 cm). Pour in the dough and bake in the lower third of a pre-heated oven. Use a wooden skewer to check the cake is ready before taking it out of the oven.
- Leave the cake to cool for around 10 minutes, remove from the tray and then leave to cool completely.
- Add the cream powder, whipping cream and milk to a tall mixing container. Beat using an electric hand mixer (whisk) briefly on the lowest setting, then on the highest setting for around 1-2 minutes until the cream thickens.
- Spread the cream topping in a decorative way on the cooled ring cake using a tablespoon so that the cream runs down the sides slightly. Distribute the 12 sour cherries evenly on the cream.
- Finally, sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the cake.
The prepared product contains:
||100g||Portion ( 111g )||RAA * |
|Energy (kJ)||1283 kJ||1425 kJ||17 %|
|Energy (kcal)||307 kcal||341 kcal||0 %|
|Fat||18 g||20 g||28 %|
|of which saturates||6.6 g||7.3 g||36 %|
|Carbohydrate||32 g||36 g||14 %|
|of which sugar||18 g||20 g||23 %|
|Protein||4.2 g||4.7 g||9 %|
|Salt||0.45 g||0.5 g||8 %|
* Reference for an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal).
Information for persons with allergies and/or intolerances
This product contains the following allergenic ingredients according to the law:
Due to our wide range of products, different articles are produced on the production lines, so that traces of certain allergens cannot be completely avoided despite careful processing:
You might also like these products...